We are looking for an experienced People Manager/HR Manager to join our team of creatives. As a People Manager, you are passionate about nurturing talent in a rich and vibrant world of creativity and innovation. As the foundational pillar of our agency’s culture, you’ll be crucial in sculpting our team's future, transforming talent management into an art form. Sound exhilarating? We believe so too.
Our diverse team of thinkers, creators, and innovators work collaboratively to deliver exceptional work for our clients across various industries. As a People Manager, you'll be supporting personal and professional growth, contributing to the creative development of our team, and helping shape the future leaders of our industry. This position requires a thoughtful approach, genuine dedication, and a commitment to push the boundaries of what it means to be an employer in the future.
We are a fast-moving company, and we are looking for someone who enjoys driving engagement and building organizational scalability. You will be responsible for supporting the organization and the management team in HR-related questions. You will not be alone in the day-to-day work, even if you have a profound responsibility. No day is the same, and the ideal fit is someone who thrives in a dynamic organization where anything is possible, and much is still being built.
- Annual holiday allowance - 25 days excluding Bank Holidays.
- Remote work up to two days per week
- Education (workshops, courses)
- Swedish health care (friskvård)
- Social Events (lunches, office events, trips, and after work)
Preferable experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business Administration, or related field.
- Being fluent in Swedish is mandatory, along with excellent English skills.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in People Management or a related role. Previous experience working in the creative industries is a plus.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with a proven track record of developing and leading high-performing teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships at all levels.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of developing policies and work methods based on employment laws, and best practices.
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Lead and manage a team, providing direction, feedback, and support to ensure individual and collective success.
- Foster a positive and inclusive team culture, promoting engagement, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Conduct regular performance reviews, providing constructive feedback and development opportunities.
- Manage employee relations, address concerns, resolve conflicts, and ensure a healthy work environment.
- Collaborate with our teams to write job descriptions, and recruit, onboard, and train new team members.
- Administrate contracts and similar documentation.
- Develop and implement strategies to improve team performance and achieve organizational goals.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, as well as applicable laws and regulations.
- Act as a role model, embodying the company's values and contributing to a positive and productive workplace.